I will admit that I am a die-hard fan of Downton Abbey. My family and close friends knows this very well.
I just finished the 5th season marathon and what I can say is that it’s been awesome. For the first time, the way the season ended was splendid – not what I expected. Normally, with all the twist and turns of the plot, there are always something tragic at the end of every season (christmas eposides). But the 5th season was something refreshing. I was expecting as the positive build up is on-going, I thought there’s something that will always turn out to be a downer in hoping to entice the viewers for the next season. But the thing is with the build up of positivity and it ended with a good note, this is something that makes me anticipate for the next season on how things will turn out.
My highlights of this season (spoiler alert):
- The birth of John and Anna Bates’ son. Finally they have their own family
- The retribution of Thomas to be asked to replace Carson as butler in the Crawley household
- The relationship of Edith and Mary as sisters have improved
- The marriage of Mrs. Hughes and Carson. It was about time.
- The return of Branson to Downton Abbey and he is back to stay
Downton Abbey never ceases to amaze me with it’s plot and storyline. I find the period plot is very appealing and very much appreciated. When I have a chance to talk to my family and friends about this, the greater majority either does not get it or is not aware of this. I don’t blame them with all the offerings of television series. So I turn to this blog to show my deepest appreciation of the series.
Kudos to the show and looking forward to the 6th season.
5/5 Stars rating